Monday, February 25, 2008

Best Makeup Oscar Winner 2008 , La Vie en Rose


La Vie en Rose
Didier Lavergne and Jan Archibald

ACCEPTANCE SPEECH
Didier Lavergne:
Thank you very much. Thank you to the Academy and what can I say? I’m really happy and proud to be here with you. Bye.

Jan Archibald:
Thank you to the academy for this huge honor. I’m overwhelmed. It’s just amazing. I have a lot of people to thank. My assistants, particularly, my Czech crew that worked with us in Prague and in Paris, they were amazing. They worked very hard and I owe a lot to them. And just, it’s so exciting to be here. I don’t know what to say. Thank you.
ACADEMY AWARDS HISTORY
These are the first Academy Award nominations for Didier Lavergne and Jan Archibald.

FILM SYNOPSIS
In a life marked by personal tragedy and artistic triumph, Edith Piaf grows from a child born in poverty to an internationally acclaimed singer. Raised primarily by her grandmother, a brothel keeper, young Edith is discovered singing on the streets of Paris and begins a remarkable career that cannot save her from a life haunted by drugs, alcohol, and a succession of unhappy love affairs.

http://oscar.com/oscarnight/winners/?pn=detail&nominee=La%20Vie%20en%20Rose%20-

No comments: