Tuesday, January 1, 2008

"Politics? No Thanks!" says Amitabh Bachchan


Strongly refuting the lately-perpetrated speculation on his return to politics Amitabh Bachchan says, "I'm not into politics at all of any kind. There's absolutely no question of my going into politics. I've repeatedly said I don't understand politics, nor do I have any wish to get into it in any capacity. Let me say once and for all I'm not going to get into it . I don't make any political statements. Nor am I on any political platform. I'm not qualified to understand or participate in any of our politics."
But then what about Amar Singh's statement to the effect that the Big B might be asked to stand elections? "Ask him why he said what he said. Why are you asking me?" reasons the Big B calmly.
The Big B admits that perhaps his close association with politicians who are his friends, often leads to the belief that he is going the political way. "I agree I've many friends who are heavily into politics and affiliated to many different parties. But I do not follow any of their political ideology. You are also my friend. Does it mean I might take to journalism? Or would it be right to presume that you'd become an actor just because you know me so well?"
While the speculation on Tuesday ran rife after a close family- friend Amar Singh alluded to the Big B's return to politics, the actor was busy shooting a music video for his forthcoming release Baabul. "The video is woven around my song Kehta hai babul. I think they'll use my song only in the credit titles and the end titles�or maybe a portion in the background."
About the controversy surrounding Abhishek receiving the Yash Bharti award in Lucknow , the Big B responds, "Achcha hai. There should be debate and questioning in any free society. We're a democratic country and everyone is entitled to an opinion."

No comments: